Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY Body Scrub

One of my favorite things to do at home in my spare time (other than organizing) is to make DIY beauty products! Lotions, scrubs, lip balms, etc. Today I want to show you a very quick and easy way to make a DIY body scrub! At the store these things can cost you $10 or more, but with simple ingredients you already have at home, you can save tons of $$!!

DIY BODY SCRUB

Ingredients:
  • Sugar or salt
    • Use sugar in the raw or sea salt for a coarse scrub
    • Use regular white sugar or salt for an average scrub
    • Use brown sugar or kosher salt for a gentler scrub
  • Oil
    • Olive oil
    • Vegetable oil
    • Coconut oil
    • Baby oil
    • Whatever kind you have at home!
  • Vanilla Extract or Essential Oil (for fragrance)
What to do:
  1.  Measure sugar or salt into a bowl. (2 parts sugar/salt to 1 part oil) I used 2 cups.

2. Add the oil. I used 1 cup of body scrub oil that I purchased online.
 3. Mix the ingredients together.
 4. Add a few drops of essential oils or a teaspoon of vanilla extract for fragrance. This step is optional. Now is also when you would add food coloring if you wanted it to be colored. Mix again.
 5. Put the contents into a seal-able container. I used a mason jar for canning.
 6. And there you have it! Homemade sugar scrub! This is so simple and easy and it will last you a long time!

Making homemade scrubs can be tons of fun! You can change them up and mix them around to better suit your needs and taste. Add honey, lemon juice, coffee grinds, etc. etc. to create totally different experiences! I hope you enjoyed this DIY and I will be back with more soon!!

xoxoBrittany

No comments:

Post a Comment