Thursday, December 6, 2012

DIY Tub/Shower Cleaner

So lately on Pinterest there have been some serious trends about DIY cleaning supplies. Knowing how much money you can save on making many of these items at home, I decided I would give a few of them a try. The first one I checked out (because it was definitely the most needed in my home) was the DIY tub & shower cleaner. There are several different versions I've seen, some with few ingredients, some with many, a few where you have to heat it and some where you simply mix and go- Well I don't know about you guys but if I'm going to be making this stuff for the long haul, I want it to be quick and easy! So I tried out this simple recipe:

DIY Tub & Shower Cleaner

What you need:

  • White vinegar (Cooking or cleaning)
  • Blue Dawn dish soap (Any will do, but apparently this works the best!)
  • Spray bottle
  • Sponge/Rag/Towel/Scrubber (Whatever you want to use to wipe with)
What to do:
  1. Mix 1 part vinegar with 1 part dawn dish soap in a spray bottle and shake gently.
  2. Spray your tub and shower with the mix and let it sit for at least a half hour
  3. Using your desired tool, wipe your tub down. You shouldn't have to do much scrubbing at all!
  4. Rinse your shower. 
And that's it! Simple as that!

When I did it, I sprayed down my shower and let it sit for about 45 minutes. Then, I put the leftover mixture into a handled dish-washing scrubber (as pictured above) and used that to scrub down my tub. It's not the best cleaner that I've ever used and I did have to do some scrubbing, but my tub has always been difficult to clean because it doesn't drain very well. (I should probably get that checked out...) However I definitely recommend giving this a try for yourself. It really does work, it can save you money and let's be honest- most of us probably already have the ingredients at home to make it! Let me know your results if you try it out. :)

Before and after:


Thanks for reading! See you soon!

xoxoBrittany

No comments:

Post a Comment