Thursday, December 6, 2012

Organize Your Life: Monthly Calendar

So there's you, there's your partner, your kids, your dog, your cat, etc. etc. The list goes on. How ever do you keep track of everything going on without forgetting!?! Well in my house, we use a dry-erase calendar board. This calendar helps me post up my work schedule, days that I volunteer, due dates, deadlines for school assignments, etc. Whenever my boyfriend wants to know what I'm doing that day or when my next day off is, he simply checks the board. Great idea, right? You can even use a different color for each person in your family!

Monthly Calendar


I chose the idea of a dry-erase calendar because there are several styles avaiable at Target, Walmart, Office Depot, etc. already. There's no need to make anything, simply fill in the dates and add your schedule. I also picked the dry-erase over a chalk board because there's no messy chalk dust to cover my house.

My calendar is placed on the wall in front of my backdoor so it's the first thing I see before I leave and the first thing I see when I walk in the back door. Everything is color-coded, my work schedule in blue, appointments in green, holidays/birthdays/etc. in red... However I want to categorize it that month. 

If you're interested in buying the BoardDudes Magnetic Dry Erase Calendar that I have above, you can find it at your local Target in the office supplies section. I got it for under $15. It came with 2 magnets and a black marker. I also picked up a pack of 4 dry-erase markers for color-coding. Expo even has packages of 10 or so colors for some serious creativity! To see the board online, click here.

Well I hope you all enjoyed this post- I'm always interested to see how other people organize their calendars, so feel free to comment/post pictures below! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon!

xoxoBrittany


No comments:

Post a Comment