Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Easy Focaccia Bread

One of my favorite things to eat in the whole entire world is- BREAD! And today I want to share with you one of my most used bread recipes that I make at home. It's super simple and easy to make and it makes your kitchen smell heavenly! Let's get started!


Focaccia Bread

Ingredients:
  • 1 c. Warm Water (To temp yeast)
  • 1-1/4 tsp. dry yeast (I use dry active)
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2-1/2 to 3 c. flour

Directions:

1. Put the warm water and yeast in your mixer bowl. Cover with a towel for 5 minutes. Mix, recover and let it sit for another 2 minutes.
2. Add salt, olive oil and slowly add your flour while you mix with a dough hook. Mix until it's smooth as you continue to add the flour. The dough will be slightly sticky and come together in a ball. You may need to knead it a few minutes by hand if you don't have the greatest mixer like me :/
3. Place the ball of dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let it rise in a dry, warm place for an hour. (I put mine in the oven, turned off.)
4. Punch the dough down and divide it into 2 or 3 balls, depending on how many loaves you want. I usually make 2, but today I made 3 small ones.
5. Shape the balls into flat, rounded or oval shaped loaves. Place them on a greased cookie sheet and cover with your towel again. Let rise for another 20 minutes.
6. Using your finger, poke holes into the dough about an inch apart. Cover with your toppings. (Topping ideas below)
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the toppings are golden brown.

For the toppings, mix and match your own favorites together. Here is a picture of my bread, right before I put it into the oven:


1) Sliced roma tomatoes, Feta cheese, rosemary and sea salt.
2) Caramelized onion, chopped garlic, rosemary and parmesan cheese
3) Chopped garlic, black pepper and shredded asiago, romano and parmesan cheeses

Topping ideas:
  • Caramelized onion
  • Rosemary
  • Sage
  • Basil
  • Thyme
  • Chopped Garlic
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Parmesean cheese
  • Feta cheese
  • Roma Tomatoes
  • Spinach
  • Calamata olives
  • Salt
  • Freshly cracked black pepper
  • Red pepper flakes
 
Well I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Thank you so much for reading and I'll be back soon :) Please leave comments or questions below, I'd love to hear how it goes when you give this a try!
xoxoBrittany

No comments:

Post a Comment